StrongVPN provides a special easy-to-use command line installation for DD-WRT OpenVPN client configuration on your FlashRouter network.
1. Getting started:
- Login to your account on the StrongVPN website.
- Click on the VPN Accounts area in your navigation area and then click VPN Account Summary.
- Click Get Installers and then choose DD-WRT.
2. Completing the installation:
- Follow the steps on the StrongVPN website to enter your special command line into your FlashRouter settings and verify you have a successful VPN connection.
3. How do I change my StrongVPN server location?
- In your account on the StrongVPN website, Click on the VPN Accounts area in your navigation area and then click VPN Account Summary, and then click Change Server.
- Find your preferred OpenVPN server location connection then click Change Server.
- Now simply repeat the exact same command line installation process above.
4. Backing up your settings:
- It is always a good idea to save a backup of your working VPN settings after completing this setup, so that in the result of a reset or a faulty setting change you can load your working settings in a few simple clicks.
- Go to the Administration > Backup page and click the Backup button. A file called nvrambak.bin will be saved to your computer. We recommend renaming this file "FlashRouter Backup" for easy searching should you ever need it.
- If you have any issues with your connection, you can review our StrongVPN Troubleshooting page.