VyprVPN provides a special easy-to-use command line installation for Tomato OpenVPN client configuration on your FlashRouter network.
1. Getting started:
- Login to your account on the VyprVPN website to verify that your credentials are correct.
- Visit the following link to find the correct Command line for your specific Tomato FlashRouter model.
- MIPS: Linksys E1200, Linksys E2500, Asus RT-N16, Asus RT-N66U, Asus RT-AC66U
- ARM: Asus RT-AC56U, Asus RT-AC68U, Asus RT-AC3200, Netgear R7000, Netgear R8000
2. Completing the installation:
- Follow the steps on that VyprVPN page to enter your special command line into your FlashRouter settings.
- Once you have received the "Installation successful" message you can refresh the page and you should see the look of your Tomato firmware has changed and now includes a VyprVPN area on the pages on the left hand side of the page.
3. Connecting to VyprVPN on the Tomato Router App
- Click on the VyprVPN > Connection page in your FlashRouter's settings and Login using the same username and password that you verified earlier.
- Once you are logged in you can select the server you would like to connect to using the Location area and the Protocol you would like to use in the Protocol area.
- We strongly recommend connecting to the server location that it closest to your actual location while still being in the country that you desire as doing so will typically be the best for your speeds. You can also click the odometer that appears on this page to Ping all the servers to get an idea of which server is best for you.
- We also strongly recommend using Chameleon 256 bit Encryption as your Protocol. You can adjust this setting as needed or if you are experiencing speed issues you can select a lower encryption rate. To learn more about each Protocol you can refer to the information entered where you can select the Protocol.
- Click Connect.
4. Using Features of the VyprVPN Tomato Router App
- You can go to the VyprVPN > Per Device VPN page to set the rules for default devices connecting to the FlashRouter's VyprVPN Tunnel including VPN Required, VPN Preferred, and Bypass VPN. To set these rules connect the devices to the FlashRouter's network and they will appear in the Connected Devices area where you can set the rules for each device using the Configuration dropdown.
- You can go to the VyprVPN > Settings page to check for updates and set the VPN connection to automatically reconnect if it is disconnected.
5. Backing up your settings:
- It is always a good idea to save a backup of your working VPN settings after completing this setup, so that in the result of a reset or faulty settings change you can load your working settings in a few simple clicks.
- Go to the Administration > Configuration page and name the file "FlashRouter Backup" for easy searching should you ever need it. Click the Backup button. The file will be saved to your computer.
- To load your backup go to the Administration > Configuration, and under the Restore Configuration section, click Choose File, select your backup file, then click Restore and give the router a minute or two to load your settings.
- If you have any issues with your connection, you can review our VyprVPN Troubleshooting page.