PIA VPN Setup Help:
- Troubleshooting: Verify your username and password are correct; this is the most common setup error. In order to do this visit the PIA website and login to your account. Once you have verified a successful login on the PIA website enter the exact same login information into your router VPN settings. Hint: Your username will always be in the format of p1234567.
- Tip: Make sure you are not using your PIA PPTP login information for an OpenVPN connection. PPTP usernames start with the letter 'x', while OpenVPN usernames start with the letter 'p'.
- Tip: Make sure you do not have any PIA VPN application or client software running on a device in your network when you are trying to connect to PIA on your router. A double VPN connection may cause loss of Internet connectivity.
- Tip: PIA updated their server configurations to add additional levels of security around July 2016. Check out all of our PIA Router Setup Guides if you have not updated your router settings before this time. The following settings have been changed from router configurations before this date:
- UDP Port
- Encryption Type
- CA Cert
Additional helpful links:
- How can I setup a Kill Switch to block all Internet access if my PIA connection drops for any reason?
- How can I monitor and make sure my PIA connection is always running in my router?
- How can I make it so only certain devices on my network tunnel through the PIA connection on my router?