HMA VPN Setup Help:
- Troubleshooting: Verify your username and password are correct; this is the most common setup error. In order to do this visit the HMA website and login to the your account. Once you have verified a successful login on the HMA website enter the exact same login information into your router VPN settings.
- Tip: Make sure you are not using your HMA PPTP login information for an OpenVPN connection. PPTP connections for HMA require a special username, while OpenVPN connections use the same login information needed to access your account on the HMA website.
- Tip: Make sure you do not have any HMA VPN application or client software running on a device in your network when you are trying to connect to HMA on your router. A double VPN connection may cause loss of Internet connectivity.
- Trick: In order to automatically connect to the least loaded server for a specific HMA location, enter the HMA server domain from your preferred region e.g. us.hma.rocks. However if you have a specific preferred individual server address you can login on the HMA website and go to the manual setup area to retrieve a complete list of HMA server IP's.
- Troubleshooting: For DD-WRT routers make sure that you have enabled IPv6 as indicated in the HMA DD-WRT Setup Guide or your VPN connection will not properly initiate. This step is not required in Tomato firmware setups.
- Troubleshooting: If you are properly connected to VPN but still can not access certain sites or services you desire then we recommend contacting HMA to see if they have a specific server address to input that will better suit your needs.
- Troubleshooting: HMA blocks many SMTP outgoing e-mail servers for security reasons. If you are having trouble sending e-mail when connected to HMA be sure to contact their support team with your outgoing SMTP mail server and they may be able to white-list it on their network.
Additional helpful links:
- How can I setup a Kill Switch to block all Internet access if my HMA VPN connection drops for any reason?
- How can I monitor and make sure my HMA VPN connection is always running in my router?
- How can I make it so only certain devices on my network tunnel through the HMA VPN connection on my router?