1. Entering your PIA login information.
- Access your FlashRouters Privacy App and simply enter the username and password that you use to login to your PIA account in the Username and Password fields.
- If you are not already a PIA user and don't have account with them you can use the Sign Up button on the page to sign up for a PIA account and create your login information that you can then enter in the FlashRouters Privacy App to connect to their service.
2. Selecting the encryption you would like to use.
- PIA offers two different encryption options that can be used with the FlashRouters Privacy App.
- Default Encryption (AES-128) offers better speeds and is the standard OpenVPN encryption and Strong Encryption (AES-256) is best for users that encryption is a higher priority than speed.
3. Selecting the PIA server you would like to connect to.
- The FlashRouters Privacy App has all PIA servers available from a dropdown when you click Server Location. You can either scroll through to find your server if you know which location you would like to connect to simply type it into the search bar that appears.
4. Click Connect!
- Simply click the Connect button on the bottom of the page after selecting your server and be patient as the VPN connection begins.
- You will then see the PIA Disconnected change to PIA Connected after a few seconds.
Note: If you see a "Authentication failed, check your login info" please successfully log in to your PIA account on their website and then re-enter the correct Username and Password.
Note: If you do not see the status change to Connected, please visit our FlashRouters Privacy App Troubleshooting area.