Introducing an Easy Way to Change Basic DD-WRT Router Settings
The Simple Setup tab in the FlashRouters DD-WRT Privacy App gives you an easy way to change the most common router settings without ever having to exit from the FR App.
- The Router Local IP Address is the address you enter into your browser URL to access router settings. If you would like to change your Router IP then simply enter your new IP in the box and a popup will appear asking "Change router local IP address now?" If you click "Cancel" the IP will remain the same. If you click "OK" the IP will change and you will see a message "Please Wait, the page will refresh automatically. You may need to re-connect to your FlashRouter."
- At this time you will need to disconnect and reconnect to the FlashRouter network to gain access to the router at the new IP address. If you refresh the connection to your computer the FR App will load automatically. Otherwise manually enter the new IP address into your browser URL to access at the new IP address.
- The Username and Password are used to access the Administration settings of your router as well as the FR App. If you would like to change your admin access credentials then enter your preferred username and password, then click "Apply".
- As soon as you click Apply you will be prompted to enter the new Username and Password to regain access to router settings.
- Remember not to forget this login or make any typos when changing as you will need to reset the router to default DD-WRT settings and install the FR App again if this happens.
- IPv6: Certain VPN providers and ISP's may require you to Enable IPv6 in your router settings. To Enable, simply Check the box, then Click Apply. Your router will automatically Reboot and IPv6 will be Enabled.
- DNS Servers: Enter any custom DNS servers from a trusted source like Google, OpenDNS, or your VPN provider. If you subscribe to SmartDNS then you may also enter those servers here then click Apply. Your router will automatically Reboot and DNS servers will be updated.
- Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz: View and/or edit your FlashRouter 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi network SSID or Password. Click "Apply" and your router will automatically Reboot and 2.4Ghz WiFi network info will be updated.
- Wi-Fi 5.0Ghz: View and/or edit your FlashRouter 5.0Ghz Wi-Fi network SSID or Password. Click "Apply" and your router will automatically Reboot and 5.0Ghz WiFi network info will be updated.
- Note: If you have a tri-band router, another Wi-Fi 5Ghz section will be in this area.
- Remember: After changing WiFi information you will need to rejoin the network to regain access to your router and the FR App.
- Back to DD-WRT: Click if you would like to change additional settings within the DD-WRT firmware GUI.
- Configure VPN: All done? Move onto VPN setup in the FR Privacy App.
If you are having any trouble with the Simple Setup feature or would like to see any router settings added into this area, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, issues, or ideas.